Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Where is Malawi?



So where in Africa is Malawi? In the south east quadrant just west of Lake Nyasa. For some basic information check out the Malawi page on Wikipedia here.

Presbyterians have a long history in Malawi dating back to famous medical missionary David Livingstone's arrival in 1859. There are now more Presbyterians in Malawi than in the United States.

Just as a note of interest the time on these blogs will always be Malawi Time (+2 GMT). Malawi is 6 hours ahead of those of us in EST (-4 GMT).

2 comments:

babatim said...

Welcome (soon) to Blantyre! I'm originally from PA too, but have been here for five years with my family (not in Blantyre, though). Another good site for orientation in Blantyre is http://wikitravel.org/en/Blantyre. Feel free to ask me if you want to know about the availability of things locally. You'd be surprised how much you can find now and DON'T need to bring from home. :) You can contact me through my blog.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great act of random kindness that this church is doing. I go to St. John's Church across the street, but I am still involved with this. My school is raising money to send to the Malawans to dig a well. I love to help those who are unfortunate. God bless you!